The Green Machine Kale Cocktail
In my quest for healthy delicious cocktails, I couldn't ignore the large, dark green nutrition packed leaves that have everyone in a craze. Different varieties line the produce shelves and you can choose from 7 different types of kale salad at Whole Foods! So why not consume this uber healthy juice in the form of a cocktail.
The crisp tart green apple combines nicely with the grassy kale and fresh ginger gives it just the kick it needs. You can use any liquor, but I thought the Veev acai berry spirit fit very nice. I'd also recommend gin, vodka, or pisco.
The Green Machine
- 1 oz fresh kale juice
- 1.5 oz fresh green apple juice
- .5 oz fresh lemon juice
- .25 oz fresh ginger juice
- .5 oz agave nectar
- 1.5 oz Veev Acai Spirit
- Juice all apple, kale and ginger, the fresher the better.
- Juice the lemon with a citrus juicer or hand juicer.
- Add all ingredients to a shaker tin, add ice and shake well.
- Strain into collins glass and garnish with green apple and kale and an eco- straw.
Minimize your drink impact with Eco-Products biodegradable clear straws, utensils and paper ware, I use them for all my events.