The Skinny Redhead
Pomegranates are one of the oldest known fruits and are the symbol of health, fertility and eternal life. The tart juice is full of antioxidants, vitamins and compounds such as punacalagin, shown to benefit the heart and blood vessels. I love their vibrant color and they happen to be in season, perfect for the holidays.
The Red Head cocktail is tart and earthy with a touch of spice from the fresh ginger. Perfect for the holidays with pomegranates in season right now and you can always buy fresh pomegranate juice if you don't want to take the time to juice your own. I recommend serving this on the rocks with the burnt rosemary garnish and floating pomegranate seeds. I love the smell of the burnt rosemary and it's fun entertainment.
1 oz fresh lemon juice
5. - 1 oz fresh pomegranate juice
1 slice ginger
1 sprig rosemary
pinch of organic stevia powder
1.5 oz bourbon
- muddle fresh ginger, rosemary, fresh lemon juice
- add pomegranate juice and stevia & stir
- add bourbon and ice and shake well
- strain over fresh ice in a double old fashioned glass
- garnish with burnt rosemary & pomegranate seeds
Stevia is a sugar substitute derived from a plant and has no calories.