Carrot - Cilantro Soup
I cannot get enough of this savory carrot soup!
I look forward to the winter months solely for soup. It is the perfect appetizer for dinner with guests and easy to reheat for a quick solo meal.
I wanted to create a carrot soup that enhances the delicate flavor of the carrots instead of covering it up with sugar and heavy spices. Carrots are already naturally sweet and the celery, coriander and cilantro add a nice depth. Be sure to add plenty of salt and pepper to taste as it really brings out the flavors.
4 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 stalks celery
2 medium potatoes
1 pound carrots
2 c veggie broth
2 c water
1.5 tbsp coriander
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
1 cup raw almond milk
celery tops and leaves
- wash and chop onion, carrots, celery and potatoes
- heat olive oil and add garlic & onion for 2 min
- add celery, carrots & potatoes & cover for 10 min,shaking occasionally
- add veggie broth & water and let simmer for 10-15 minutes until all is tender
- transfer to food processor parts at a time and processed part into new large pot
- In small sauce pan heat olive oil, coriander & cilantro, then add almond milk & stir well
- stir milk mixture into blended soup over low heat
- add salt and pepper to taste
- serve in soup bowl with celery tops and cilantro as garnish