Stil de Grain Martini
When you want a nice stiff drink a vodka martini is a great choice. It's super easy to make and the key to a delicious martini is quality ingredients. Don't use cheap vodka or vermouth, you will taste the difference.
I created the Stil de Grain Martini using an Crop organic grain vodka and Vya Whisper Dry vermouth. A traditional martini uses a 2:1 ration but I like 4:1, play with it to find what you prefer.
Since martini's are pure alcohol I always find myself craving a something to munch on while drinking it. Instead of the traditional olive garnish or lemon twist, I chose a pepperoncini and grape tomato. The pepperoncini adds a zippy spice and the tomato makes a delicious finishing bite.
Stil de Grain is the name of a yellowish color pigment similar to the color of the pepperoncini
- add ice to martini glass to cool while stirring cocktail
- add vodka and vermouth to mixing glass with ice and stir well ( 1-2 min until very cold)
- toss the ice sitting in martini glass
- strain vodka and vermouth mixture into cool martini glass
- skewer the pepperoncini & grape tomato ( I like thee bamboo skewers from Cost Plus World Market)
- garnish martini
- sip & enjoy